November 22, 2016
12 Black Friday Fitness Classes in Boston
Detox with these after-feast fitness classes.
If you just can’t bear to drag yourself to the gym on Thanksgiving, we forgive you. Still, after a huge Thanksgiving dinner and (let’s be honest) pie for breakfast, a Black Friday workout is probably in your best interests. Here are 12 to choose from.
Yoga & Pilates
1. Mother and Daughter Yoga at Derby Street Shoppes: Get zen before you score Black Friday deals. This free class at Ivivva is open to mothers and daughters.
Free, 8 a.m. Derby Street Shoppes, 92 Derby St. #107, Hingham.
2. Yoga at Legacy Place: Doing some Black Friday shopping at Legacy Place? Take a break for a free yoga class hosted by Lululemon and Stil Studio. Bring your own mat.
Free, 10 a.m. Legacy Place Building 700, 680 Legacy Place, Dedham, eventbrite.com.
3. Post-Pie Flow at Janji: The Janji pop-up on Newbury Street is hosting a day of free fitness, starting with a vinyasa yoga class. You know you’ll be on Newbury Street anyway.
Free, 10:30 a.m. Janji, 328 Newbury St., Boston, movewith.com.
4. Vinyasa Flow at Janji: Join instructor Jess Emilfarb for a lunchtime vinyasa flow at Janji. It’s the perfect break during your shopping excursion.
Free, 12 p.m. Janji, 328 Newbury St., Boston, movewith.com.
5. Digest Detox n’ Flow at Health Yoga Life: Get your system back in balance at this class. Expect plenty of back bends and twists, plus a restorative savasana.
$15, 12 p.m. Health Yoga Life, 12 Temple St., Boston, healthyogalife.com.
6. Reboot Rides at Recycle Studio: Pick either Recycle location, and choose between two morning classes. Your food baby will thank you.
$26, various times. Recycle Studio, 9 Newbury St. and 18 Union Park St., Boston, recycle-studio.com.
7. Turkey Burn at SoulCycle: Didn’t get your burn in on Thanksgiving? Don’t worry. Each SoulCycle location is hosting a couple 90-minute classes on Black Friday, too.
$60, various times. 500 Boylston St. and 300 Cambridge St., Boston, and 200 Boylston St., Chestnut Hill, soul-cycle.com.
8. Black Friday Detox at LyfeCycle: Restart your fitness routine with a 45-minute cycling class, then stay for healthy snacks.
$12, 9 a.m. LyfeCycle, 4155 Washington St., Roslindale, movewith.com.
9. Nomads Run: Join Janji’s run club for a four-mile jaunt around the city. Refuel with juice and snacks back at the store.
Free, 9:30 a.m. Janji, 328 Newbury St., Boston, movewith.com.
10. Black Friday HIIT at Janji: Take this free HIIT class at Janji, and it’ll be like that second piece of pie never happened.
Free, 2 p.m. Janji, 328 Newbury St., Boston, movewith.com.
11. Kick It at Janji: Jumpstart your post-Thanksgiving calorie burn with Kick It, a kickboxing-inspired cardio class. It’s being taught at Janji for free.
Free, 4 p.m. Janji, 328 Newbury St., Boston, movewith.com.
12. Triple Threat Tabata at Janji: Squeeze in cardio, strength, and core work at this free Tabata class at Janji.
Free, 5:30 p.m. Janji, 328 Newbury St., Boston, movewith.com.